Alloy Ferrari LWB Competition California Spider and Jaguar C-Type
The California Spider and C-Type lead a group of 31 iconic automobiles set for the 6 December sale, from Classic Era beauties through to the most technologically advanced supercars of today. Highlights include:
· A 1932 Marmon Sixteen Convertible Coupe, chassis no. 144 859, one of just eight surviving authentic examples of an American masterpiece of styling and engineering (Est. $1,000,000 - $1,200,000);
· Perhaps the most iconic automotive pair: a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing, chassis no. 198.040.5500593, a beautifully restored example of the first sports car to be a genuine, recognizable status symbol (Est. $1,300,000 - $1,500,000) and an exceptional 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, chassis no. 198.042.7500649, the last complete restoration to leave Rudi & Company’s renowned British Columbia workshop (Est. $1,250,000 - $1,500,000, without reserve);
· A multiple award-winning 1965 Aston Martin DB5 Convertible, chassis no. DB5C/1923/L, a rare factory left-hand-drive convertible example of one of the most recognizable cars in the world (Est. $2,450,000 - $2,650,000);
An exhaustively documented, Classiche-certified 1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta, chassis no. 12301, both the final prototype and the first production Daytona – the automobile that defined a generation of sports cars (Est. $1,400,000 - $1,700,000);
· A low-mileage 1990 Ferrari F40, chassis no. 87144, surely among the most iconic cars for anyone under the age of 40 (Est. $1,200,000 - $1,400,000); and,
· A group of modern hypercars including a delivery mileage 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari, chassis no. 204687, the most technologically impressive street-legal Ferrari ever built (Est. $3,250,000 - $3,750,000), a one-of-100 2014 Pagani Huayra, chassis no. 078, the exceptional accomplishment of an upstart supercar company (Est. $1,900,000 - $2,300,000), and a 248mph 2018 Bugatti Chiron, chassis no. 069, the very first Chiron ordered for the U.S. market and a marvel of 21st century design (Est. $3,500,000 - $4,000,000).
RM Sotheby’s ICONS sale celebrates the cutting edge of automotive design and is part of a weeklong celebration of auctions and events, entitled “A Life of Luxury”, surrounding the newly established Sotheby's Luxury Division. Opening on 30 November, “A Life of Luxury” is one of the most unique auction events of its kind, offering clients and enthusiasts an unparalleled experience at the heart of the auction world spread across jewels, watches, wine, fashion, and of course—cars.
07.10.2021 - 25.10.2021NEW YORK, 22 September 2021 – This November, Sotheby’s will present Frida Kahlo...
27.10.2021Exhibitions in New York, Hong Kong & London Ahead of First-of-its-Kind Auction on 27 October...
16.11.2021 - 17.11.2021Sotheby’s Reframes Marquee Sale Categories & Unveils Star Lots from the November Season...
14.12.2021 - 15.12.2021PARIS, 13 September 2021: This autumn, Sotheby’s will bring to auction the collection of...